Non-Medical Assistance Programs

Housing Opportunities for People Living With AIDS (HOPWA)

HOPWA programs help people living with HIV/AIDS maintain their current living environments. HOPWA may also be able to provide emergency rent, mortgage and utility payments, and rental assistance to eligible HIV/AIDS clients and their families.

For more information about HOPWA programs, contact:

  • City of Phoenix and Pinal County
    HIV Care Directions Housing and Information Referral Coordinator
    602-264-2273, or visit the City of Phoenix HOPWA web page

  • Tucson and Pima County
    Southern Arizona Aids Foundation (SAAF)
    520-628-SAAF (7223) or visit

  • Yavapai, Coconino, Gila and Apache Counties
    Northland Cares
    928-776-4612 or 888-405-2437, or visit

Arizona Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program

This federally funded program provides residents with nutritious foods, nutrition education, and referrals. WIC serves pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, and infants and children under age five who meet WIC eligibility guidelines. For more information, visit Arizona WIC.

Arizona 2-1-1

Arizona 2-1-1 is an online resource that connects all Arizonans to available health and human services in their communities. This service is provided by Community Information and Referral Services.