Free/Low Cost Care

Need Help Paying Your Medical Care Costs?

If you are HIV positive and need help getting medical care, Arizona’s Ryan White programs offer free eligibility screenings for a variety of assistance programs. and can provide referrals to AHCCCS (Arizona’s Medicaid program), Indian Health Service, Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration, and other programs.

An enrollment specialist can also help you apply for programs that help pay for health insurance premiums, copays/ deductibles, and COBRA premiums.

If you feel that you make too much money to qualify for assistance, but don't make enough to afford healthcare on your own, you should still apply. There are programs designed to help people with a wide range of income levels and needs.

Compassionate Help Getting Care

There are thoughtful, caring people who are trained to guide you into medical care and supportive services. They understand how you're feeling, and want you to have the best experience possible.

To start your enrollment, call the eligibility office for your area to schedule a time to meet one-to-one with an eligibility specialist. If you prefer, staff can arrange to meet you at your home or other location.

  • Ryan White Part A Central Eligibility: 602-212-3788
     Serving Maricopa and Pinal County (including metro Phoenix and Casa Grande).

  • Ryan White Part B AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP): 602-364-3610 or 800-334-1540
     Serving all other counties in Arizona.

Eligibility Documentation

 Assistance programs usually determine your eligibility based on your income. Some programs have other eligibility guidelines. Before you apply for any program, it’s helpful to gather the following types of documents and have them available for review during your eligibility appointment.

  • Proof of your HIV+ status, such as your last lab report or your HIV test results. Your doctor can provide copies of these documents.

  • Proof of Arizona residency, such as a current lease agreement or utility bill in your name, your Arizona driver license or state ID card, etc.

  • Proof of your current income, such as one month of paycheck stubs, your most recent tax return, a Social Security benefits statement, etc. If you have no income, some programs will ask you to sign a form stating this.

  • For insurance premium and/or copay assistance, you’ll need to provide proof of your insurance, such as your AHCCCS, Medicare, or private insurance card.

Health Insurance Marketplace Medical Coverage

The federally-facilitated Health Insurance Marketplace offers insurance plans for people who do not qualify for other assistance programs. If you have an HIV diagnosis, you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, which allows you to apply at any time.

For more information and enrollment assistance, visit